Uncovering Fraud with Financial and Ratio Analysis
The Uncovering Fraud with Financial and Ratio Analysis course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to detect and uncover fraud through comprehensive financial analysis. Fraudulent activities can have severe financial and reputational consequences for organizations. This two-day course will equip participants with techniques to analyze financial statements, identify red flags, and conduct ratio analysis to detect potential fraud. By understanding the key indicators of fraudulent activities, participants will be able to mitigate risks and protect their organizations. Whether you are an auditor, accountant, financial analyst, or business professional involved in financial decision-making, this course will enhance your ability to uncover fraud and protect your organization’s interests.
Date: April 18th to 19th
Duration: 2 days
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit: 6
- Members: 450,000
- Non-Members: 550,000
- Mode: In Person
- Understand the nature and impact of fraud in organizations.
- Develop the skills to analyze financial statements for potential red flags and irregularities.
- Learn how to conduct ratio analysis to identify anomalies and potential fraud indicators.
- Recognize common financial statement manipulation techniques used in fraudulent activities.
- Gain insights into the behavioral aspects of fraud and the motivations behind fraudulent behavior.
- Understand the role of internal controls in fraud prevention and detection.
- Explore data analytics techniques to enhance fraud detection capabilities.
- Develop strategies to investigate and respond to suspected fraudulent activities.
Who Should Attend:
- Auditors and accounting professionals involved in financial statement analysis.
- Financial analysts seeking to enhance their fraud detection skills.
- Business professionals are responsible for financial decision-making.
- Risk management professionals involved in fraud prevention and detection.
- Individuals are interested in understanding and uncovering fraudulent activities.
- Basic knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis concepts.
- Familiarity with accounting principles.
Method of Delivery:
- In-Person: The course will be conducted at a physical location. Participants will engage in face-to-face instruction, hands-on exercises, and group discussions.
Completion Certificate: Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion, which can be used to claim Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
Module 1: Introduction to Fraud and Financial Analysis
- Understanding the nature and impact of fraud
- Overview of financial statement analysis
- Role of financial analysis in fraud detection
Module 2: Analyzing Financial Statements for Red Flags
- Evaluating income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Identifying irregularities and anomalies in financial statements
- Red flags and warning signs of potential fraud
Module 3: Conducting Ratio Analysis for Fraud Detection
- Understanding the importance of ratios in financial analysis
- Key financial ratios for fraud detection
- Analyzing trends and benchmarks in ratio analysis
Module 4: Financial Statement Manipulation Techniques
- Common techniques used to manipulate financial statements
- Detecting and analyzing fraudulent financial reporting
- Uncovering earnings management and revenue recognition fraud
Module 5: Behavioral Aspects of Fraud
- Understanding the Psychology of Fraudsters
- Motivations behind fraudulent behavior
- Behavioural red flags and Indicators of potential fraud
Module 6: Internal Controls and Data Analytics for Fraud Prevention
- Role of internal controls in fraud prevention and Detection
- Leveraging data analytics for fraud detection
- Using technology to enhance fraud detection capabilities
Module 7: Investigating and Responding to Fraud
- Strategies for conducting fraud investigations
- Legal and ethical considerations in fraud investigations
- Reporting and responding to suspected fraudulent activities
Note: The course outline is subject to change based on the instructor’s discretion and the needs of the participants.
Please note that this course syllabus is subject to change, and additional course materials may be provided by the instructor.
Register for ACFE Africa Year-End Event
Join us in marking the Fraud Awareness Week, that will run from 12th to 18th November 2023.
- ACFE Uganda Chapter Spearheads Anti-Fraud Crusade in Africa
- Fraud Awareness Week (12th – 18th November 2023) Partnership Benefits
- The future of ACFE, Uganda Chapter, 2023 & beyond
- Thanks a lot for supporting International Fraud Awareness Week 2022
- Police launch an investigation on the bank of Uganda ugx27b Fraud