Are you too good to be great? Register Now
Organizations like yours, lose an estimated 5 percent of their annual revenues to fraud, according to Occupational Fraud 2022: A Report to the Nations conducted worldwide. A single instance of fraud can be devastating: the median loss per fraud case was $117,000, and more than a fifth of the cases involved losses of at least $1 million. No one is immune from fraud, but there are ways to prepare and prevent it. Does your company have adequate controls in place? Are there fraud risk blind spots in your organization?
Join us in marking the Fraud Awareness Week, that will run from 12th to 18th November 2023. During the fraud awareness week, Uganda Chapter, ACFE members in partnership with other organizations, shall conduct a series of events including awareness training, and television and radio interviews to increase fraud risk awareness and prevention.
As our partner, you are requested to book a slot for the Uganda Chapter ACFE team to interact with your EXCO and management on any topic of your interest, out of the following:
- Fraud risk assessment – how exposed are you to fraud risk (30 minutes)
- Fraud prevention strategy – how to prevent the business risk of fraud (30 minutes)
- Using data analytics in fraud risk detection and management – how to use analytics to identify fraud red flags (30 minutes)
- Cyber fraud schemes – practical insights into how cyber fraud occurs and how to prevent it – a demo in action (30 minutes)
- The guilty triangle – how to identify fraud suspects during an investigation (20 minutes).
- ACFE Report to the Nation’s 2022 – an overview of the common fraud schemes and how to prevent them – 40 minutes.
- The role of the board in fraud risk management -fraud and the tone at the top (40 minutes) – ideals for Board members.
- Implementing anonymous whistleblowing solutions – how to empower your staff and partners to blow the whistle and reduce fraud risks (30 minutes).
- Cybercrime and fraud schemes – how to protect your organization (30 minutes).
- The role of the staff in fraud risk management -learn the role of staff in fraud risk prevention and response (30 minutes)
- Crafting a fraud risk strategy – learn from experts how to develop an anti-fraud risk framework and strategy to address the business risk of fraud (30 minutes)
- Fraud risk health check – get practical tools and experiences on how to undertake fraud risk health checks and maturity assessments (30 minutes)
- How to conduct fraud investigations and report writing– learn how you can undertake internal investigations as well as write a quality investigations report with watertight evidence (45 minutes).
There will be a public Zoom session on Wednesday 14th November 2023, starting from 10 am to 1 pm. The ACFE Uganda Chapter volunteer members will be available to provide career guidance and present the ACFE Report to the Nation’s 2023 on occupational fraud, as well as CFE course content. You are all invited to attend. To register, email email@example.com.
You are free to choose a topic of your choice for training for your team. Each topic costs Ugx. 2,500,000 (Uganda shillings two million five hundred thousand only), net of taxes to present. However, during the fraud awareness week, you qualify for any topic of your choice free of charge and save money. You will also get a lot of free anti-fraud resources and tools to transform your organization.
To claim your free slot any time from 12th November 2023 to 18th November 2023, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mustapha B. Mugisa, at +256 782 610 333 or Deborah Kigozi at +256702 011 661 and suggest any other topic of your interest. Or visit www.acfeuganda.com to book. Confirmation will be on a first-come, first-booked basis. Contact us today.
NB: If you partner with us in hosting the ACFE Africa Year-End Event, you will be included on all our PowerPoint slides and on our website. The money will help reach more companies and facilitate the operations of the Uganda Chapter, ACFE.